Getting to MIT
The MBTA (https://ww.mbta.com) is the local transportation agency of the Greater Boston Area.
Boston Logan Airport is served by the Silver Line, which is free from the airport.
Long-distance buses arrive at South Station.
Amtrak arrives at either North Station or South Station.
Both North and South Stations are on subway lines.
Parking information for visitors to MIT can be found here.
Getting to the conference venue
M100 will be held at the Ray and Maria Stata Center at 32 Vassar Street, Cambridge, MA, 02139.
The Stata Center is a five minute walk from the Kendall/MIT subway stop on the Red Line.
Information about hotels within walking distance to MIT
Certain local hotels have MIT rates that vary by date. There is not a specific convention rate available.
MIT rates at local hotels (copy attached):
More hotel discounts (copy attached):
Below are some room rates for hotels around Kendall Square, not including taxes and fees, for the nights of September 8 & 9, 2023:
- Kendall Hotel: This hotel requires an MIT account or MIT credit card to book the MIT rate; the “Friends & Family of MIT & Harvard” rate may be booked by anyone at least 7+ days ahead of stay and cancellation deadline is 7 days before arrival date. There are lower rates for full payment in advance.
- Residence Inn Boston Cambridge: $299 or $349 per night, depending on room type, can be booked by anyone with code MT2 for the MIT rate. There are lower rates for full payment in advance and for being a Marriott member.
- Marriott Boston Cambridge: starting at $389 per night, depending on room type, can be booked by anyone with code MT2 for the MIT rate. There are lower rates for full payment in advance and for being a Marriott member.
- Le Méridien Boston Cambridge at 20 Sidney Street, Cambridge: starting at $279 per night, depending on room type, can be booked by anyone with code MT2 for the MIT rate. The MIT rate appears to be the best available rate at this hotel currently.
Boston has a good public transportation system that makes MIT accessible from the suburbs. The following parts of town are connected to Cambridge via subway (‘the T’) or bus:
Going West and South: Boston, Brookline, Newton
Going North: Somerville, Medford, Arlington
More affordable accommodation options are available on both booking.com and airbnb.com. Below, we've listed some choices from booking.com with potential prices for the nights of September 8 & 9, 2023. Please note that these prices do not include taxes and fees and may be subject to change.
- Aloft Boston Seaport District: 401-403 D Street, Boston, MA 02210
- King Room $242 - $269
- Aloft 2 Queen Beds, Guest room $260 - $329
- Porter Square Hotel: 1924 Massachusetts Ave, Porter Square, Cambridge, 02140
- Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport Chelsea: 200 2nd Street, Chelsea, 0215
- King Room $243 - $274
- Queen Room with Two Queen Beds $271 - $309
- Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport: 100 Boardman Street, East Boston, Boston, MA 02128
- King Room $257 - $307
- Queen Room with Two Queen Beds $257 - $353
- The Arcadian powered by Wonder: 1200 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA 02446
- Queen Room $275
- King Room $313
- Bay Village Suites: 1-3-5 Cortes and 143 Arlington St, Back Bay, Boston, MA 02116
- Twin Room with Shared Bathroom $284
- Double Room with Shared Bathroom $346
- Cambria Hotel Boston, Downtown-South Boston: 6 West Broadway, Boston, 02127
- King Room $281 - $296
- Superior King Room $310 - $326
- HI Boston Hostel: 19 Stuart Street, Theater District, Boston, MA 02116
MIT Institute Events provides information about local accommodations, https://web.mit.edu/visitmit/where-stay/, including a list of preferred hotels.